Position: Internship opportunity with the CalAsian Foundation
Company Overview: The CalAsian Foundation was launched with programs designed to deliver professional leadership development, critical education and training, and civic participation opportunities to Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) communities in California. The CalAsian Foundation is part of the Sacramento Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce. The Sacramento Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce is the largest and most influential ethnic chamber in Northern California and is open to all businesses and organizations, regardless of ethnicity. To learn more about the CalAsian Foundation, please visit www.calasianfoundation.org.
We are seeking full time/part time and Summer interns who are ready to come work in a fast-paced, diverse and fun work environment. This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience working with a nonprofit and build relationships with community leaders and businesses in the Sacramento Region and beyond.
Responsibilities will include:
- Community outreach and organizing, including attending community events;
- Providing administrative support for multiple programs;
- Compose correspondence and other written materials as necessary;
- Researching funding and program opportunities;
- Support the program staff where needed.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to interact with community leaders, members, and a wide range of individuals;
- Outgoing personality and a sense of humor;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills; ability to write and articulate ideas in a persuasive, organized, and effective manner;
- Excellent organizational skills with attention for detail;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and handle multiple projects;
- Proficiency in a wide range of computer software programs desired; Canva, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook; Google Apps including Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms and Drive;
- Social Media experience strongly desired
- Must be dependable, punctual, and personable.
All internships will provide valuable work experience in a professional setting, without compensation.
Please submit an application with an uploaded resume for consideration.